Exchange Bitcoin Lightning Network to XRP | FixedFloat
Lightning cryptocurrency exchange
The Bitcoin community has long been baffled by the scalability issue. The speed of transactions fell, and the network fees grew. In 2015 Thaddeus Dria and Joseph Poon proposed a solution called the Lightning Network. The idea was to carry out some of the transactions outside the network, thereby reducing the load on the BTC blockchain. In 2018, the Lightning Network was launched in Bitcoin.
The Lightning Network is a system that helps users move funds among themselves without having to use a blockchain to verify a transaction. Instead, there is a quick check of funds from the sender and a request from the recipient who agrees to the transaction.
Problems that may arise when sending Lightning Network
- If an error occurs when you try to send the Lightning Network, then most likely it happened due to the lack of channels. The Lightning Network requires links between nodes. If your wallet allows you to open channels yourself, then you can open a channel with FixedFloat.
Lightning Network Speed and Fees
Since transactions on the Lightning Network do not end up on the blockchain, they are almost instantaneous. But if one of the intermediate nodes is off the network, the transaction may be delayed.
The fee depends on the intermediate channels through which the payment passes. Usually it is almost zero. But it so happens that some channels charge a high fee for passing the payment. It can reach up to 1% of the amount.
XRP at a glance
Ripple is a blockchain-like payment system launched by OpenCoin Inc in 2012 that focuses on non-chargeback currency exchanges.
Ripple works not only with cryptocurrencies, but also fiat currencies and commodities. That being said, it is worth highlighting the difference in the names of Ripple and XRP. Until recently, an equal sign was put between these two names. Now, Ripple is the name of the company, and XRP is the internal cryptocurrency of the Ripple network.
Ripple account activation
If this is your first time using a Ripple account, you need to activate it. To activate a Ripple account, you need to send at least 20 XRP to it, which are frozen forever. This stock is attributed to spam protection. The purpose of the fees is to protect the network from DoS attacks, making them too expensive for hackers.
What if the Destination tag was not specified when needed?
Destination tag is the payment ID in Ripple and other coins. Many services have protection on addresses, which does not allow transactions without a tag.
If it happened that you forgot to specify the tag or specified it incorrectly:
- Check if the transaction went through. To do this, you can use the Xrpscan service.
- If the transaction is not confirmed, please write to our technical support. We will help you resend it.
- If, nevertheless, the transaction went through, then, unfortunately, we will no longer be able to help. In this case, you should write to the technical support service of the service to which you sent it.
The advantage of XRP over competitors is that the speed of financial transactions is almost instantaneous. An interesting feature is that the speed will not be affected by either the price or the Ripple rate, and even the load on the network will not be a problem.
exchange in 3 easy steps
- Enter the desired amount of Bitcoin (Lightning) and write your wallet address to receive currency.
- Click the “Exchange now” button and you will be taken inside your order.
- Send Bitcoin (Lightning) to the address from your order, after the required network confirmation, Ripple will be sent instantly.